Old fashioned lemonade is a refreshing drink that is not fizzy but more zingy than the carbonated pop variety you can buy in supermarkets today. It is very cheap and easy to make and is a great way of getting kids involved in co0king.
- 5 unwaxed lemons
- 125g sugar
- 2 pints of water
- Sprig of fresh mint (optional)
1. Peel the 5 lemons (save the lemons for the end of the process!) and add the peelings to a large saucepan with the water.
2. Add the sugar to the water and boil the peel, sugar and water mix until the sugar is fully dissolved. Once dissolved (about 5 minutes of boiling), take off the heat and leave to cool completely.
3. Once the mix is cold, add the juice of the 5 lemons to the cold mix and stir thoroughly.
4. Pour mix into a large jug and put into the fridge until chilled. Once completely chilled, you can add a sprig of fresh mint to the jug and give it a good stir for an extra zing! Mint is optional.
Will last in the fridge for 2 days.
Incoming search terms:
- easy homemade lemonade uk
- old timey cloudy lemonade