So, as you know, I do love a bit of cake ;) Especially cakes that taste good and are quick to make and this recipe is both! It certainly isn't a pretty cake, it's not meant to be, it's just meant to be quick and tasty! Chloe (my youngest) has great fun making these after school for a quick warming sweet treat ;)
You can even add all the ingredients to a tub or container and take them with you to work - sneaky. Make all your colleagues jealous when you walk in with a homemade chocolate cake that you made at work!
- 4 tablespoons self raising flour
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or sunflower/vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or at a push vanilla flavouring but it's not as nice as the extract!)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (milk, dark or white chocolate, the choice is yours!)
1) Add all the ingredients to a standard size mug (making sure the mug is microwaveable - most are).
2) Mix all the ingredients together with a fork or spoon.
3) Put the mug into the microwave for 2-3 minutes without covering. All microwaves differ in power and heat so put it on for 2 minutes and see how it goes, you can increase the time to your microwave to 3 minutes if needed.
4) Take out of microwave and stand for 3o seconds. Yes we know it doesn't look pretty, but it tastes good!
5) Eat whilst still warm! This cake is meant to be eaten warm so get stuck in!